Harihar Fort Trek
Rock cut steps at 75 degree incline
Harihar fort is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. One metre wide rocky staircase is carved out for ascending & descending the fort. There are 117 steps in all. After the first rocky staircase there is an overhang with a sheer drop. The view from the top is excellent. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the #Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer.
Elevation: 3676 feet
23:00 - Assemble at Thane (East) near the ticket counter of platform 10A
23:15 - Start travelling in a bus
04:30 - Reach base village and start trekking after introduction and briefing. We will have packed breakfast on the way.
08:00 - Reach top & explore fort
10:00 - Start descending
12:00 - Reach base village and start travelling back. Lunch at Dhaba on the way
18:00 - Reach Thane
Fees: Rs. 1200
- to be paid in advance
- Half-refundable if cancelled 48 hours before trek
- Non-refundable if cancelled in last 48 hours
- Travelling from Thane to base village and back
- Morning breakfast & refreshments
- Saturday Dinner
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Any other charges not mentioned in "Includes"
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 2 litres of drinking water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Torches (other than mobile)
- Good trekking or sport shoes.
- Appropriate rain protection for yourself and bag
- We appreciate participants carrying healthy foods like juices, fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.