JogFalls and Murudeshwar
Plunge of 830 feets
Located in Karnataka, Jogfalls is the most spectacular waterfall of Western ghats. With a plunge of 830 feet, it is the second highest waterfall of India after the Nohkalikai falls in Meghalaya.
We will travel through ghats to reach this place and stay in a homestay surrounded by greenery and a garden of supari and cashew plantations at backside.
Murudeshwar is famous for the world's second tallest Shiva statue. The town lies on the coast of the Arabian Sea and the temple is visible from a long distance.
15:20 - Catch “12619 Matsyagandha Express” from LTT, Thane-15:45, Panvel-16:20
05:30 - Reach Honnavar and get into bus for jog falls. Enjoy the scenic drive through ghats. We will take breaks for breakfast, photography at hanging bridge etc.
09:30 - Reach Jog falls and enjoy the scenery till afternoon. Have lunch in-between.
16:00 - Visit the Padmavati temple located deep inside the forest.
19:00 - Enjoy the light and music show
20:00 - Overnight at homestay which is situated in front of a lake and surrounded by thick green foliage. Have dinner and masti.
05:00 - Get up early if you want to enjoy the morning mist of the Sharavathi region. We can go for walk around the village and explore the unseen trails.
09:00 - Have breakfast and then bid goodbye to our caretakers.
11:30 - Reach Murudeshwara and see the second tallest statue of Lord Shiva. It looks magnificent with the roaring sea in background.
14:00 - Lunch
16:00 - Catch “12620 Matsyagandha Express” from Murudeshwar Station
06:30 - Reach LTT (Panvel-05:15, Thane-05:55)
- Rs.1500 non-refundable if you cancel the trip
- Expected charges for train tickets from "Mumbai to Honnavar" & "Murudeshwar to Mumbai" in sleeper class: Rs.1100; 3AC - 2800
- Participants from Pune can come to Panvel to board Matsyagandha Express
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Honnavar Station to Jog falls and back to Murudeshwar in a private bus
- All food and refreshments from Honnavar to Murudeshwar (i.e. excluding train)
- Accommodation in a homestay with hot water facility
- Entry Charges at Jog Falls
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Bottled water/drinks during trip
- Boating charges near hanging bridge (if we get time)
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 1 litre personal water bottle (all time in your bag)
- Extra pair of dry clothes. Heavy rains are expected in this region
- Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.