The Dense Forest Heritage
Kodachadri (Kudajadri) peak is located in very dense forests of Western Ghats of Karnataka. It is declared as natural heritage site and has interesting legends of Goddess Mookambika killing the demon Mookasura. There are temples and caves at the top of the mountain apart from the breath-taking views of the surrounding hills covered with thick shola forests. Kodachadari peak feels very blissful as you can witness both sunset and sunrise in the lush green landscape.
Feeling excited? Wait!
- Before the trek we will be visiting the famous Mookambika Temple of Kollur. The architecture and vibes of the temple will infuse you with internal peace.
- After the trek, we will visit a very enchanting waterfall in the forests.
- Authentic South Indian meals (veg)
Grade: Moderate and suitable for those who can actually enjoy the wilderness. Alcohol, speakers, and disposables are strictly prohibited for this fascinating journey. You should be able to walk 20 kms uphill and downhill carrying your bag.
15:20 - Catch “12619 Matsyagandha Express” from Mumbai
05:30 - Reach “Mookambika Road” Railway Station and get into bus for Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary. Enjoy the scenic drive through ghats.
06:30 - Take breakfast halt at Kollur. We will also visit the divine and beautiful Mookambika Temple.
10:00 - Start trekking towards Kodachadri from a tiny village inside the forest.
12:00 - Reach our campsite amidst the forest. Very few villagers reside here. Lunch and rest
17:00 - Reach Kodachadari peak in half hour and get ready to witness one of the best sunset of western ghats
20:00 - Dinner and story telling session
06:00 - Get up early if you want to see the sunrise.
07:00 - Descend back and have breakfast
11:00 - Reach the waterfall after a short trek through jungles.
12:00 - Start travelling to the railway station. Lunch break at Kollur.
15:00 - Reach Station and catch “12620 Matsyagandha Express” from Mookambika Road Station
06:30 - Reach LTT (Panvel-05:15, Thane-05:55)
Rs.2900 (without train tickets)
Rs.4000 (including sleeper class tickets; subject to availability)
Rs.5800 (including 3AC tickets; subject to availability)
For booking the trip you need to pay Rs.1400 non-refundable advance. Book early to avoid WL tickets.
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Mookambika Road to trekking point and back
- All Food and refreshments from Mookambika Road (i.e. excluding train)
- Camping charges
- Entry Charges at Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary
- Waterfall entry charges and jeep ride
- Trekking guidance
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Food or drinks in train and bottled water/drinks during trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 1 litre water in a reusable bottle (all time in your bag)
- A torch (other than mobile)
- Sleeping Bag or Blanket
- Shoes for trekking and sleepers/sandals for other times
- A good quality backpack. Sling bags and trolleys not allowed.
- We appreciate people carrying fruits, dry fruits and Energy bars
- Sunscreen, hat etc.
- An extra pair of dry clothes
- Any kind of disposables including bottles
- Junk foods like chips, wafers