Wilderness and Sunrise
The 4 hours hike to Kohoj fort is one of the best things to do in Mumbai region. It has all elements for a pleasant trek - small lake, hills, plateaus, misty atmosphere, flora and fauna, remote hamlets. The two very peculiarly shaped pinnacles were the guiding lighthouse. The view from the top is mind blowing. You can see Dheraj River, Bandre dam and Tak-Mak. It remains one of the marvellous but lesser explored fort of Maharashtra.
Grade: Easy to Moderate
23:00 - Assemble at Thane (East) near the ticket counter of platform 10A
23:15 - Start travelling in a bus
00:00 - Pickup from Borivali for people living in Western Suburbs.
02:00 - Reach base village. Have introduction and briefing. Start trekking.
06:00 - Reach pinnacle and enjoy one of the best sunrise point of Maharashtra.
08:00 - Self cooked breakfast
09:00 - Start descending
12:00 - Dip in the lake at the base
13:00 - Reach base village and have delicious home made lunch
14:30 - Start traveling back to Thane. Drop points same as pickup.
17:00 - Reach Thane
Cancellation: Fees will not be refundable if you cancel the trek or don't show up
- Travel from Thane/Borivali to base village in a bus
- Entry Charges
- Breakfast and refreshments
- Trekking Guidance
- Bottled water and beverages
- Anything not mentioned in 'Includes'
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- At least 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Sunglasses, Hat, Raincoat (according to season)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.