Harishchandragad & Kokankada
Best of Maharashtra
Harishchandragad is one of the most understated places to visit in India. The major attraction here is KokanKada cliff which is not just vertical, it is an overhang like a cobra's hood. It’s beyond description and one must see it to experience the nature's architecture. If you enjoy trekking in sahyadris then Kokankada is a must to do part of your bucket list.
20:50 - Catch Kasara Fast local train leaving CST at 20:52. You can catch the train from stops on the way.
23:05 - Reach Kasara and start travelling to base village Pachnai via private jeep. Kasara is the final meeting point.
03:30 - Reach Pachnai. Introduction and trek briefing. Start trekking towards Kokankada
07:00 - Explore Kokankada and have breakfast.
09:30 - Move towards Harishchandragarh and explore
10:30 - Start descending to Paachnai
12:30 - Have lunch at Paachnai
14:00 - Depart for Kasara
17:00 - Reach Kasara and take train back to Mumbai
19:30 - Reach Dadar
Cancellation: Fees will not be refundable if you cancel the trek or don't show up
- Jeep from Kasara to Paachnai and back
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- Expertise and guidance
- Train tickets to Kasara
- Dinner on Saturday night
- Bottled water and beverages
- Anything not mentioned above
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- At least 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Sunglasses, Hat, Raincoat (according to season)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.