Trek to Kudremukh
Second Highest Peak of Karnataka
Kudremukh is touted as one of the best treks of South India. It will surprise you with its pleasing landscapes in every turn. The word “Kudremukh” in Kannada means “horse face”, as one of the sides of the mountain resembles the shape of a horse face. It is the third highest peak in Karnataka located inside protected forest known for its biodiversity and Tigers.
Grade: Medium. You need to cover 22kms trek (uphill and downhill) within 8 hours.
15:20 - Catch “12619 Matsyagandha Express” from Mumbai
13:00 - Reach Mangalore, have lunch and start travelling to Kudremukh base in a private vehicle. Enjoy the landscapes of western ghats
18:30 - Reach our homestay and enjoy the local coffee.
20:00 - Dinner and masti
07:00 - Reach the starting point of the trek in a jeep
11:30 - Reach Kudremukh peak and enjoy the million dollar views of the surrounding valley. We will have packed lunch here.
18:00 - Start travelling back to Mangalore.
23:00 - You can board “16346 Netravathi Express”
17:40 - Reach LTT (via Panvel-16:15 and Thane-17:00)
Fees: Rs. 4400
- Rs.2400 is non-refundable, if you cancel the trip
- Expected charges for train tickets from Mumbai to Mangalore and back in sleeper class: Rs.1200, 3AC - Rs.3000
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Mangalore Station to Kudremukh and back
- All Food and refreshments in Kudremukh (i.e. excluding train)
- Accommodation in a homestay with hot water facility
- Entry Charges, Trail charges and Guide charges at Kudremukh
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Food in train and bottled water/cold drinks during the trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least one litre personal reusable water bottle
- An extra pair of dry clothes and undergarments
- Trekking or sport shoes. Extra sleeper or floater.
- A good quality backpack (to be carry food/water during trek)
Recommended (but not compulsory)
- Healthy food like dry fruits, energy bars etc.
- Bedsheet, towel, soap, paste etc.
- Trekking pole etc.
Things to keep in mind:
- You can carry your main luggage in trolley, bigger backpack or anything convenient to you. It will be kept in homestay when we go for trek with a small backpack
- Carrying disposables, plastic box, spoon etc. is strictly prohibited in Kudremukh trek. Carry only washable and reusable bottles, lunchbox etc.