Trek to Kumara Parvatha
Call of the wilderness
While hiking in India, you can’t overlook the splendor of Western Ghats in the South. The mountains of Karnataka have some of the cleanest trails through the dense jungle. Watching the forest landscape from the top is a reward for nature lovers.
The Kumara parvatha is the fourth highest peak in Karnataka with an altitude of 5,617 feet. It is located in the famous Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary. Therefore trekking permission is mandatory. The entrance from Kukke Subramanya is most preferred by trekkers. The Eastern entrance can be reached from Beedehalli via Heggademane temple.
In 2 days, you need to cover 28kms (uphill and downhill) with your rucksack of minimum 7kg. You need to have recent similar trek experience or a regular fitness lifestyle i.e. activities like running, sports etc.
12:00 - Catch “16345 Netravati Express” from LTT, Thane or Panvel
05:30 - Reach Mangalore and board the bus for Kumara Parvatha base
09:00 - Reach base. Have delicious South Indian breakfast and get fresh.
11:00 - Start trekking through the rainforests of Pushpagiri. We will have packed lunch on the way
15:00 - Reach halfway campsite and relax. In the evening, we can stroll through the amazing viewpoints and do the twilight photography of surrounding green landscapes.
06:00 - Get up early and start trekking for Kumara Parvatha top. This part of the trail mostly passes through grasslands and we will get to see one of the best panorama.
10:00 - Reach top and enjoy the million dollar view of Western Ghats. Start descending after thanking the Almighty.
13:00 - Wind up the camp and have Lunch. Continue descending down.
18:00 - Reach Kumara Parvatha base and check-in the Hotel.
08:00 - Catch the bus for Mangalore after breakfast.
13:50 - Board 12134 Mumbai Express
Reach Mumbai very early in the morning
Rs.4000 (excluding train tickets)
Rs.5100 (including sleeper class tickets; subject to availability)
Rs.6900 (including 3AC tickets; subject to availability)
For booking you need to pay Rs.2000 non-refundable advance and train tickets charges (optional)
Participants from Pune can come to Panvel to board the train
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Mangalore Station to Kumara Parvatha and back
- All Food and refreshments excluding train
- Accommodation in a campsite on Day 1 and Hotel in Day 2
- Entry Charges, Trail charges at Kumara Parvatha
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Food or drinks in train and bottled water/cold drinks during the trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Email – email@example.com
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least two litre personal reusable water bottle
- Consent form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- An extra pair of dry clothes and undergarments
- Trekking or sports shoes. Extra sleeper or floater.
- A good quality backpack (at least 50L capacity)
- An empty lunch box, spoon (Washable)
Recommended (but not compulsory)
- Healthy food like dry fruits, energy bars etc.
- Bedsheet, towel, soap, paste etc.
- Trekking pole etc.
Things to keep in mind:
- You need to carry some extra things like Sleeping Bags (per person), Packed Food etc.
- Carrying disposables, plastic boxes, spoon etc. is strictly prohibited. Carry only washable and reusable bottles, lunchbox etc.
- On Day 2 of the trek, If your speed is too slow then we might tell you to turn back before reaching the peak. However, we haven’t exercised this rule so far as all participants have been obedient.