Land of lakes and high passes
It is a land like no other, shrouded in myths and legends. Ladakh is bounded by two of the world's mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and the Karakoram. A maze of enormously high snow-capped peaks and the largest glaciers dominate the terrain. Remote yet never isolated, this trans Himalayan land is a repository of a myriad cultural and religious influences from mainland India, Tibet and Central Asia.
- Reach Leh before the tourist season kicks-in and experience the real aura and culture.
- Drive over the highest motorable road in the world, Khardungla pass (18,300ft).
- Stay near the famous Pangong lake (shown in many movies including 3 idiots).
- Visit Nubra valley, the majestic Diskit monastery. See the rare double hump camels and natural sand dunes.
- Magnetic Hill where the illusion makes your car appear to be travelling uphill, against gravity.
- Tso Moriri and Tso Kar Lake
15th May, Saturday
We reach Leh by flight at an altitude of 3500m. We will spend most of the day at ease for acclimatization.
16th May, Sunday
Acclimatization and sight seeing of the city - We will go to Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa, which offers spectacular views of the Leh city. We will also visit ‘Sangam’ of Indus and Zanskar river, Gurudwara Shri Pathar Sahib and Magnetic Hill.
In the afternoon, we will visit the Hall of Fame, war memorial showing key highlights about kargil war, military parade and documentary on Siachen army base. Stay at Leh overnight
17th May, Monday
We begin our journey to Nubra valley which takes us through the highest motorable road on earth - the scenic Khardungla pass. In the afternoon, we will visit the Diskit monastery and the natural sand dunes. We will get the opportunity to see the rare double humped camels here.
18th May, Tuesday
We will leave for Turtuk, a little known beautiful hamlet, flanked by Nubra on one side and Baltistan on the other, lies along the shores of Shyok River. We will visit the border area to see the PoK. Return back to Nubra in the evening.
19th May, Wednesday
We will visit the famous Pangong lake driving along the breathtaking shyok River. The landscape during journey and destination is beyond description. Pangong is the lake, where the last part of movie 3 idiots was shot. Night accommodation in comfortable tents (with washroom) near the lake.
20th May, Thursday
Driving back to Leh, we will pass through Chang La pass which is the third highest highest motorable road in the world. Evening will be at leisure and you can roam around Leh city, do some shopping, try local food etc.
21st May, Friday
Those who booked for 7 days can take return flights.
Remaining people continue their journey to sacred Tso Moriri lake which is 28kms long and 6kms wide, surrounded by a backdrop of snow-capped mountains. It is also a wonderful place for birding enthusiasts.
22nd May, Saturday
We will visit another large, yet lesser known lake called Tso Kar. The ever changing colors of the lake are due to the play of light, wind and the clouds. Overnight at Leh city.
23rd May, Sunday
Today we say our goodbyes to the beautiful town of Leh and catch a flight to our respective destination.
- Rs.20,950 for 7 days trip (15-21 May)
- Rs.26,999 for 9 days trip (15-23 May)
- You need to pay at least Rs.10,000 non-refundable advance to confirm your booking.
- Remaining amount can be paid in cash during the trip.
- Expected flight cost to Leh: Rs.6,000 from Delhi; Rs.9,000 from Mumbai and other cities
- Travelling throughout the trip in private jeep or traveler
- Stay on triple sharing basis throughout the trip
- Virtually all food during the trip
- All necessary permits
- First aid expertise
- Flight to/from Leh
- Any kind of cold drinks/beverages/bottled water or exotic food
- Medical insurance and Medical rescue, if needed.
- Any increase in cost of accommodation or food caused by delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
--- Send your advance money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank - HDFC, Thane
Account no - 5010 0036 3637 05
Account type - Savings
IFSC code - HDFC0001085
For payment through UPI: kuya@hdfcbank
For Payment through Paytm or Google Pay: 9820285295
Expectations from this trip:
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food.
- Our daily schedule during trips may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of morning.
- Most of our decisions will be based on group’s opinion but the decision of the group leader will be final.
- Smoking and drinking is prohibited. Group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes.
Things to be carried
- Identity card
- Wind-proof Jacket and other warm clothes like sweaters, muffler, gloves etc. Temperature below zero with a wind chill effect is expected
- Good quality Shoes and sleepers
- Two personal reusable water bottles all time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle can be expected
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc. (very strong glare from snow)
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc.
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying side bags.
- A small bag to carry essential things while roaming. Ideally it should fit inside your main luggage.
Recommended but not compulsory:
- One bedsheet
- A Thermo flask to store hot water (0.5-1L)
- Dry fruits, Energy bars, Green Tea, Electral Powder etc.