Lonar Crater Lake
National Geo-heritage Monument
Lonar Lake or Lonar crater is a National Geo-heritage Monument, inside the Deccan Plateau. It is a saline and alkaline lake located in Buldhana district. Lonar Lake was created by impact of an asteroid collision during the Pleistocene Epoch, approx 50,000 and 55,000 years ago. Lonar Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 kilometres and maximum depth of 137 metres. The sides of the basin rise abruptly at an angle of about 75°. A series of small hills surround the basin. Two small streams named Purna and Penganga drain into the lake.
23:00 - Assemble at Thane (East) near the ticket counter of platform 10A
23:15 - Start travelling in a private bus
08:30 - Reach Lonar. Have breakfast and rest for sometime.
13:00 - After lunch, start the legendary Lonar parikrama trek. Enjoy the sun rays reflecting on blue-green water, lush greenery around the lake. Explore the Daityasudan Temple and nearby temples till late evening.
20:00 - Local cuisine for dinner.
06:00 - Wake up to a gorgeous sunrise. Trek down the crater for lovely twilight pictures and bird watching.
10:00 - Breakfast and check-out
11:00 - Visit Sindkhed, the birthplace of Rajmata Jijabai
14:00 - Depart for Mumbai and Lunch on the way.
21:00 - Reach Thane Station
For booking you need to pay Rs.2500 non-refundable advance.
- Travel from Thane to Lonar and back in a private bus
- All food and refreshments from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis
- Entry Charges at Lonar
- Bottled water/drinks during trip
- Sunday dinner
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Call/WhatsApp)
Email – email@example.com
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 1 litre personal water bottle (all time in your bag)
- Towel, toiletries, cap, sunglasses etc.
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.