Night Trek - Matheran
Through the jungles of Panvel
Night trek to Matheran is one of the best things to do in Mumbai. Matheran is a weekend getaway near Mumbai. It can be accessed through various entry points but most scenic route is Panvel-Matheran. This route crosses a village, climbs up a ridge, enters a forest and then enters Matheran. You should try this night trek if you are bored of the usual nightlife of metro cities. Campfire after reaching the top is a bonus. Don't forget your cameras to capture the early morning pictures of surrounding valleys.
21:00 - Assemble at Panvel Station and later move to base village
22:30 - Reach base village. Have Introduction and dinner
00:00 - Start trekking
03:30 - Reach Louisiana point and relax for a few hours. We have the option of campfire.
06:00 - Explore and have breakfast. Early morning is the best time for enjoying Matheran.
09:00 - Start descending towards Panvel (same route as ascending) along with the trek leader. Trek ends here for those who want to take a cab instead of descending. Take cab from Dasturi naka for Neral station.
12:00 - Reach Panvel and take train back to Mumbai
14:00 - Reach Mumbai
Cancellation: Fees will not be refundable if you cancel the trek or don't show up
- Travel from Panvel to base village and back
- Saturday Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast
- Trekking Guidance
- Train tickets to Panvel
- Sunday Lunch
- Bottled water and beverages
- Anything not mentioned in 'Includes'
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- At least 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- A good quality torch (other than mobile)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.