Prabalgad Night Trek
Hike for the Twilight Panorama
Prabalgad Fort is located between Matheran and Panvel at an elevation of 2,300 feet. It was built at the pinnacle of the rocky plateau very close to Matheran. Previously, the fort was known as Muranajan and renamed by the Maratha forces under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji.
There is a dense forest on the way till the top of fort Prabal. This fort can be approached via steep climb of a waterfall route (water flows only during monsoon).
Grade: Medium. You need to walk 10kms uphill in night and 10kms downhill in morning.
20:00 - Meet at Panvel Railway Station and move towards base village
21:30 - Start trekking to Prabalmachi
23:30 - Reach Prabalmachi and have dinner.
00:30 - Continue trekking to Prabalgad
02:30 - Reach Prabalgad and rest for few hours. You can sleep or play some games.
07:00 - Watch the beautiful sunrise across the matheran range.
08:00 - Have a light breakfast at Prabalgad and then start descending.
10:00 - Reach Prabalmachi and have some refreshments. Then descend back to base
11:30 - Reach base and move to Panvel Station
12:30 - Reach Panvel station and then back to your respective locations
Fees: Rs.1000 (non-refundable)
-.Travel till base village from Panvel and back in a Jeep
- Entry fees at Prabalmachi
- Dinner, Breakfast and Refreshments
- Expertise charges
- Train tickets to Panvel
- Bottled water/soft drinks
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Inclusions’
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes.
- Sleeping bag or blanket along with mats (as per your convenience)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in #trek
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc.