Rajgad Torna Trek
Range Trek - Two prominent forts
Lets go for a detailed exploration of Rajgad-Torna range in Pune. Rajgad and Torna, both prominent forts of Swarajya, are connected by a 9 km long ridge
Rajgad is built on the hill called "Murumb Devacha Dongar" and boasts the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on any fort. This fort has witnessed lots of historic events - the birth of Rajaram Chhatrapati, the death of Shivaji's Queen Saibai, the return of Shivaji from Agra, the antyayatra of Tanaji Malusare to his Konkan village, the burial of Afzal Khan's head in the Mahadarwaja walls of Balekilla and the Khandoji Khopade episode.
Torna is believed to have been constructed by the Shaiva Panth, followers of the Shiva in the 13th century. A Menghai Devi temple, also referred to as the Tornaji temple, is situated near the entrance of the fort.
06:30 - Assemble at Dadar and start travelling in a private bus. We can have pickup from Juinagar, Kharghar etc.
12:30 - Reach Gunjavane and have lunch. Have an introduction and then some rest.
14:00 - Start trekking to Rajgad
17:00 - Reach Padmavati temple. Then explore the temple and enjoy the sunset
20:00 - Have dinner, masti and gupshup till we all sleep.
06:30 - Wake up and enjoy the sunrise at Rajgad. Explore Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee and Sanjevani Machee, and the Balekilla. Have breakfast in-between. This fort is pretty big and exploring places around can take a long time.
11:00 - The mission to reach Torna starts. It's a 5 hours walk along the ridge and can take more time if the team is slow. Lunch break in-between
18:00 - Reach Torna and prepare for the night. This place is known for its haunted stories. If not, we tell few to each other
20:00 - Dinner and then campfire till you drop asleep
07:00 - Get up and explore the fort and adjoining places. This is smaller than Rajgad but enough to keep us busy in the morning.
10:00 - Have breakfast and then start descending
12:30 - Reach Velhe and have lunch in a village hotel.
14:00 - Start travelling to Mumbai
19:30 - Reach Dadar. Expedition concludes with sweet memories of teamwork
- half refundable if you cancel 48 hours before commencement
- non-refundable if you cancel within 48 hours of commencement
- Travel from Mumbai to Gunjavane and Velhe to Mumbai
- 2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinner and evening refreshments.
- Entry Fees
- Trekking expertise
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Evening snacks on Day 3 (i.e. food on highway)
- Bottled water and cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- A good quality torch (other than mobile)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Sleeping arrangement: A mat or sleeping bag
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc.