The Jewel Fort of Sahyadris
Ratangad is the Jewel fort of Sahyadris. We approach the fort by walking on flat ground and then thick forest canopy. One hour into the thick forest will lead us to a series of 5 firmly fitted steel ladders leading to the beautiful caves. From the caves, the trail towards the top is through knee deep grass. On the top of Ratangad fort, there is a giant hole called ‘needle’ in the mountain caused by wind erosion. The Sahyadris giants AMK, Ajobagad, Kalsubai surround Ratangad.
23:00 - Assemble at Thane or Dadar
23:15 - Start travelling in a private bus
05:00 - Reach base village. Have introduction and briefing.
06:00 - Start trekking through the landscapes of Ratangad. Packed breakfast on the way
10:00 - Reach summit and enjoy the views
13:00 - Reach base village and have lunch.
15:00 - Depart for Mumbai
Cancellation: Fees will not be refundable if you cancel the trek or don't show up
- Travel from Mumbai to Ratanwadi and back in a non-AC bus
- Tea, Nimbu Pani etc.
- First aid and expertise charge
- Dinner on Saturday night
- Bottled water and beverages
- Anything not mentioned in 'Includes'
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- At least 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Sunglasses, Hat, Raincoat (according to season)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.