Second Highest point of Maharashtra
CC BY-SA 4.0, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=62067302
Salher is the second highest peak and the highest fort in Maharashtra which offers panoramic views of the Baglan mountain range in Nashik. According to legends, Lord Parshuram did his Tapascharya at Salher. The twin fort Salota (4986 feet) is very near to Salher.
Trekking to Salher fort can be started from village-Waghambe or Salher and can be done in 2 hours.
20:00 - Assemble at Thane or Dadar
20:15 - Start travelling in a private bus
04:00 - Reach base village. Have introduction and briefing
05:00 - Start trekking through the famous ridge of Salher. Packed breakfast on the way.
09:00 - Reach summit and enjoy the views of surrounding valleys.
13:00 - Reach base village and have lunch.
14:00 - Depart for Mumbai
21:00 - Reach Mumbai
Cancellation: Fees will not be refundable if you cancel the trek or don't show up
- Travel from Mumbai to Salher base and back in a non-AC bus
- Tea, Nimbu Pani etc.
- First aid and expertise charge
- Dinner on Saturday night
- Bottled water and beverages
- Anything not mentioned in 'Includes'
Krishna: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to carry:
- At least 2 litre water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Sunglasses, Hat, Raincoat (according to season)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, energy bars etc.