Winter trip to Himachal
Off-season trip for snow lovers
- Visit one of the most preserved n remote village - Chitkul. You will cry not to return from this heavenly and mesmerizing village
- Flexible trip with options of going for small treks, exploring the lesser known hamlets of kinnaur, visiting indo-tibet post etc.
- We bet - you would not have tasted such tasty curries made by naturally grown vegetables
Sangla is a town in the Baspa Valley in the Kinnaur District of Himachal Pradesh, close to the Tibetan border, starting at Karcham and ends at Chitkul. The valley is surrounded by forested slopes and offers views of the high mountains. Baspa River flows in the Sangla Valley which is rich in apple orchards, apricot, Walnut, Cedar trees, and glacial streams with trout. Main villages in the valley include Chitkul, Rakcham, Batseri. This area boasts of growing the world's best quality potatoes. The valley remains closed for six months during winter.
Chitkul, on the banks of Baspa River is the last village on the old Hindustan-Tibet trade route. It is also the last point in India one can travel to without a permit. Chitkul is very cold and windy even during summers and the road normally closes down around November after the first snowfall.
06:00 - Reach Shimla, which is the final meeting point. The best way to reach Shimla is by taking AC volvo from Delhi on the previous night. You can also spend an extra day at Shimla before or after the trip.
07:00 - After a quick introduction, we take the Jeep for Sangla. The Journey is difficult but beautiful as we pass through the breathtaking valleys of Sutlej river
14:00 - Reach Sangla. Have Lunch and Check-in the hotel.
16:00 - We can go for a small trek to Kamru Fort
06:00- Today is an exciting day and thus we start very early. Lots of pictures to be taken till evening
07:00- Start trekking towards beautiful forested slopes of Kandha Valley. We will cook our own lunch in the forest.
18:00 - Come back to the hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep.
08:00 - Move to Rakcham village in a local bus. It is located 20kms from Sangla.
09:00 - Check-in at the homestay or hotel of Rakcham and then we will explore the mystic trails of Rakcham along the Baspa river. The trails near Rakcham going up in the mountains are full of pine trees.
19:00 - Return to hotel and get ready for dinner and masti till you fall asleep
08:00 - Take a jeep or bus to Chitkul. Chitkul is the most beautiful place in kinnaur valley. You will immediately notice the unspoilt nature, clear blue skies, cool breeze, bluish water of many streams flowing around. We can go to the army post located 4 kms away and explore the meadows along the river.
17:00 - Return to Rakcham and rest
20:00 - Dinner and masti
08:00 - Bid Adieu to the beautiful valleys of Kinnaur.
15:00 - Reach Shimla and then continue towards your respective destinations.
Non-refundable Advance: Rs.3000
Remaining amount can be paid in cash during trip
- Virtually all cost from Shimla to Shimla
- 5 days lunch, breakfast, dinner and refreshments
- Travel cost from Shimla onwards
- Accommodation cost
- Travel fare till Shimla
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned above
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Krishna – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Things to be carried
- Identity card.
- Windproof Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves etc. Temperature below zero can be expected
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two personal reusable water bottles
- An umbrella. Light drizzle is expected
- Carry an extra small bag to keep essential things while roaming in daytime
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet
- Dry fruits, Energy Bars, Ladoo, Green Tea etc. (healthy foods of your choice)