Where Culture meets Nature
Tripura is the third smallest state in the country and part of the seven sisters in North-East India. It is one of the most literate states in India with a literacy rate of 87%. The sculptures at the sites of Unakoti, Pilak etc. depicts artistic fusion of organised and tribal religions. Forests cover 55% per cent land area. There are nearly 300 species of birds, 90 land mammal species in the evergreen and deciduous forests.
Tripura is surrounded by Bangladesh to the north, south and west. In the east, it meets Assam and Mizoram. Agartala is the capital city of Tripura, located on the banks of the Haora River. ‘Agar’ is a valuable perfume and incense tree, and the suffix ‘tala’ means underneath. It refers to the abundance of agarwood trees in the region.
This trip is not meant for people with motion sickness, back or knee pains. You need to get up very early in the morning and be ready before 6AM (here twilight time is 4:30AM). You will get rice (not chapati) in most of the meals (both veg and non-veg). Please learn “what is backpacking” before enrolling.
Reach Agartala in the afternoon by flight.
Evening is scheduled for local sightseeing of city centre, Ujjayanta Palace, Ramkrishna Ashram etc.
Travel to Mahamuni Pagoda via Udaipur town and Trishna Sanctuary. It is highly venerated in Myanmar and India.
Travel to Neermahal, which is a royal palace built in the middle of the Rudrasagar lake. It is much larger than the similar ‘Jal Mahal’ in Rajasthan. On the way, we will also see the Bhuvaneshwari Temple.
Return to Agartala after visiting wildlife sanctuaries of Tripura. The forests are known for various species of Macaque and gibbons
Travel to Unaikoti, famous for the rock-carved sculptures. The pilgrimage dates back to the 7th century. On the way, we can visit Baramura Eco Park.
Travel to Jampui hills which is inhabited by the Mizo tribe. It is famous for the tranquil forests, panoramic views and orange cultivation.
Return to Agartala. We will see some tea Estates on the way. In the evening we can cover the remaining sights of the capital city and/or shopping
You need to pay Rs.10,000 advance for booking the trip. Remaining amount can be paid in cash during the trip.
Rs.5000 - one month prior to trip commencement
Rs.10,000 - within a month to trip commencement
- All transportation in Tripura
- All meals and refreshments
- All entry and permit charges at various places
- Accommodation on all days
- Flight to/from Agartala
- Any insurance, medical or emergency cost arising due to unforeseen events
- Bottled water/cold drinks, expensive food etc.
- Any rise in cost of food, travel and accommodation due to delay or extension of trip due to unforeseen circumstances
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Call/WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message:
Things to be carried
- ICard and 2 photocopies of Id Card
- Windproof Jacket, winter cap and other warm clothes
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes. Extra pair of sleeper or sandal
- At least two personal water bottles all the time during trip
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc.
- Carry one small bag to carry necessary things while roaming in daytime. It should ideally fit inside your main luggage
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet (if you are concerned about the hygiene)
- Dry fruits, Energy bars etc.
- Travel pillow