Valley of Flowers & Hemkund
World's highest Gurudwara
Valley of Flowers is perched at an altitude of 3658m and myriad alpine flowers make this place a colorful paradise. Cascading waterfalls are abundant while you’re traversing towards the valley. Valley of Flowers remains covered with a thick blanket of snow during the winter season. It is in full bloom during July, August and September.
Hemkund Sahib is the world’s highest Gurudwara, situated at an altitude of 13500 feet. The Dasam Granth says God ordered Sikh Guru Gobind Singh to take birth while he was in deep meditation here. Hemkund Sahib is accessible from June to September.
#Saturday, Day 0
It is suggested that all participants reach Delhi in evening. At midnight catch 12205 Nanda Devi Express to travel Haridwar.
#Sunday, Day 1
04:00 - Reach Haridwar. This is the final meeting point.
05:00 - Catch Jeep for Govindghat. Enjoy the beautiful road journey along the river Alaknanda. On the way we will come across holy places like Devprayag, Rudraprayag etc.
18:00 - Reach Govindghat and relax.
#Monday, Day 2
05:30 - Start trekking towards Ghangaria. This is a 14 km uphill trek and needs 7-8 hrs to complete. We will do it with ease while enjoying the nearby scenery. Trekking along River Pushpavati for first 9 kms is amazingly beautiful. The last 4 kms are slightly steeper.
14:00 - Reach Ghangaria and check-in hotel. Hotels in Ghangaria serve very tasty north indian food.
#Tuesday, Day 3
06:00 - Early breakfast and then enter and the valley of flowers checkpoint. Your ears are blessed with sounds of chirping birds and rhythmic flowing water with no pollution. We will have packed lunch at the Pushpawati River bed.
17:00 - Come back to Ghangaria and enjoy the rest of evening as per the convenience of the group.
#Wednesday, Day 4
07:00 - Start trekking to Sri Hemkund Sahib. The high altitude lake at 13500 ft is a treat for nature lovers. This 6 km trek is quite steep but worth it with sights of flowers like blue poppies, vajradanti and brahmakamal.
17:00 - Come back to Ghangaria and enjoy the rest of the #evening as per the convenience of the group.
#Thursday, Day 5
08:00 - Start trekking back to Govindghat.
15:00 - Have lunch at Govindghat. Govindghat is a peaceful place to stroll in the evening. Also enjoy the tea and prasad at Gurudwara
#Friday, Day 6
06:00 - Take the first bus to Haridwar
18:00 - Reach Haridwar before evening to do some shopping or time pass in Haridwar till midnight. Trip ends here and you can take 12206 Nanda Devi Express for Delhi at midnight
Cancellation Charges: Rs.4000 only
Basic fee Includes:
- Virtually all expenses from Haridwar to Haridwar
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses in bus, jeep etc from Haridwar onwards
- Entry charges at Valley of Flowers
- Trekking Guidance
Basic fee Excludes:
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Haridwar
- Travel Insurance, emergency evacuation or medical charges
- Any personal expenditure like hiring mules, porters etc.
- Bottled water/beverages etc.
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- Identity card
- Windproof Jacket, sweater and other warm clothes like muffler, gloves, winter cap etc. Temperature upto 5 degrees with wind chill is expected
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- At least two personal water bottles all the time during the trip.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc. Please don’t expect to get medical stores everywhere.
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. You should be able to walk long distances carrying your luggage
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
- One bedsheet
- Juice packets, Fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
Things to keep in mind:
- This is a backpack trip. We will travel in shared jeeps. We will choose a place of accommodation based on group’s opinion and the expertise of group leader.
- Expect only simple vegetarian meals in your package.
- Drinking and smoking is strictly prohibited. Please don’t debate further about it.
- Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc.
- Respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
- Most of our decisions will be based on group’s opinion but the decision of group leader will be final.