Yana Caves & Vibhuti Falls
Deep rainforests of Karnataka
What if we tell you that you can visit three incredible locations of Karnataka within a weekend from Mumbai/Pune? These rock cave, waterfall and fort are admired by all travelers in India.
Yana is known for the two unusual karst rock formations composed of solid black, crystalline karst limestone. The place and surrounding hillocks are known for the rainforests.
Vibhuti falls is a surreal waterfall located in the deep forest of Western Ghats. According to local legends, it was formed when ashes from the burning of demon Basmasur had to be washed away.
Mirjan fort is located on the banks of the Aghanashini River. The fort is known for its architectural elegance and it was the location of several battles in the past.
15:20 - Catch “12619 Matsyagandha Express” from Mumbai or Panvel.
04:30 - Reach Gokarna station and travel to Yana. Enjoy the early morning scenic drive through ghats.
05:30 - Start trekking to Yana Caves
06:30 - We will do packed breakfast at Yana Rocks and then explore
10:30 - Later travel to Vibhuti falls and enjoy the evergreen landscape around the waterfalls.
13:00 - Have lunch and later travel through ghats towards Kumta
15:00 - Explore Mirjan fort
18:00 - Reach Gokarna station and catch “12620 Matsyagandha Express”
06:30 - Reach LTT (Panvel-05:15, Thane-05:55)
Note: Washroom facilities are available at Yana, Vibhuti and Mirjan
- Half non-refundable if cancelled at least 10 days before trip
- Non-refundable if cancelled in last 10 days to trip
- Expected charges for train tickets from Mumbai to Gokarna and back in sleeper class: Rs.1000
- You can also take a Volvo from Gokarna or Goa for return journey
- Participants from Pune can come to Panvel to get into Matsyagandha Express
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Gokarna to Yana, Vibhuti and Mirjan in a private bus or jeep
- Saturday breakfast, Lunch and evening refreshments
- Entry Charges at Yana, Vibhuti and Mirjan
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets and food in train
- Bottled water/drinks during trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Send WhatsApp message: https://wa.me/919820285295
Things to be carried:
- At least 1 litre personal water bottle (all time in your bag)
- An extra pair of dry clothes and towel
- Sport shoes is recommended but floaters is also acceptable
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.